Charlie Mingus - Four Classic Albums Plus album FLAC
Explore releases from the Four Classic Albums Plus label. Discover what's missing in your discography and shop for Four Classic Albums Plus releases. Four Classic Albums Plus. Profile: Special series from Avid Jazz.
Four Classic Albums Plus is a post bop music boxset, compilation recording by CHARLES MINGUS released in 2011 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Four Classic Albums Plus Contents.
Artist: Charles Mingus Title Of Album: Four Classic Albums Plus Year Of Release: 2011 Label: AVID Entertainment Catalogue AMSC1026 Country: USA Genre: Jazz Bebop Avant-Garde Post-Bop. CD One, 1-6: Blues & Roots CD One, 7-13: Mingus Three:Trio. CD Two, 1-4: Jazz Portraits CD Two, 5-9: Jazzical Moods Volume One, Plus volume two bonus track. Download: 320. LetitBit TurboBit FileSonic WupLoad. FileServe part 1 FileServe part 2 FileServe part 3 FileServe part 4. UploadStation part 1 UploadStation part 2 UploadStation part 3 UploadStation part 4. Lossless.
Four Classic Albums Plus. Charlie Mingus - Bass, piano John Handy - Alto sax (tracks I/1-6, II/1-4) Jackie McLean - Alto sax (tracks I/1-6) Booker Ervin - Tenor sax (tracks I/1-6, II/1-4) Pepper Adams - Baritone sax (tracks I/1-6) Jimmy Knepper, Willie Dennis - Trombones (tracks I/1-6) Horace Parlan, Mal Waldron - Piano (tracks I/1-6) Dannie Richmond - Drums
item 2 Charles Mingus - Four Classic Albums: Blues And Roots/Mingus Three: Trio/Jazz. item 7 Charlie Mingus Four Classic Albums Plus 2 x CD – AMSC1026 – Mint -Charlie Mingus Four Classic Albums Plus 2 x CD – AMSC1026 – Mint.
AVID Jazz here presents four classic Charlie Mingus albums plus, including original LP liner notes on a finely re-mastered and low priced double CD. 'The greatness of jazz is that it is an art of the moment. particularly through improvisation. and through the successive relation of one composition to another'. So speaks Charlie Mingus in the liner notes for his large band tribute to the blues on 'Blues And Roots', the first of our four albums devoted to the legendary bass player, pianist, composer and arranger.
Charlie Mingus Three Classic Albums (2-CD). VAT plus shipping costs. Ready to ship today, Delivery time appr. Mingus, Charlie - Three Classic Albums (2-CD) CD 2. 01. Nostalgia In Times Square.
What are the best albums by Charles Mingus? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Charles Mingus Mingus Ah Um, 1959. Charles Mingus best albums.
The only Mingus tribute albums recorded during his lifetime were baritone saxophonist Pepper Adams's album, Pepper Adams Plays the Compositions of Charlie Mingus, in 1963, and Joni Mitchell's album Mingus, in 1979. Of all his works, his elegant elegy for Lester Young, "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" (from Mingus Ah Um) has probably had the most recordings. Besides recordings from the expected jazz artists, the song has also been recorded by musicians as disparate as Jeff Beck, Andy Summers, Eugene Chadbourne, and Bert Jansch and John Renbourn with and without Pentangle.
Publisher "Real Gone Jazz" shows the 4 CDs containing up to 8 original classic remastered albums by Charles Mingus, "Mingus Three", "Charles Mingus Quartet and Max Roach," "The Clown," "East Coasting," "Mingus At The Bohemia", Pithecathropus Erectus "," Jazzical Moods Volume 1 "and" Mingus In Woderland ".
Tracklist Hide Credits
|Blues And Roots|
|1-1||Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting||5:40|
|1-5||My Jelly Roll Soul||6:47|
|1-6||E's Flat Ah's Flat Too||6:42|
|Mingus Three: Trio|
Written-By – Kern*, Harbach*
|1-8||Back Home Blues||5:29|
|1-9||I Can't Get Started
Written-By – Gershwin*, Duke*
|1-10||Hamp's New Blues
Written-By – Hawes*
Written-By – Heyward*, Gershwin*
Written-By – Raskin*, Mercer*
|2-1||Nostalgia In Time Square||12:19|
|2-2||I Can't Get Started
Written-By – Gershwin*, Duke*
|2-3||No Private Income Blues||12:50|
|Jazzical Moods Vol. 1|
|2-5||What Is This Thing Called Love
Written-By – Porter*
Written-By – Arlen*, Koehler*
Written-By – Macero*
|(From) Jazzical Moods Vol. 2|
|2-9||Thrice Upon A Theme||6:47|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Avid Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Avid Ltd.
- Acoustic Bass – Charles Mingus
- Alto Saxophone – Jackie McLean (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), John Handy (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 2-1 to 2-4), John Laporta (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9)
- Artwork, Coordinator – Anne Bennett
- Baritone Saxophone – Pepper Adams (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Cello – Jackson Wiley (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9)
- Drums – Clem De Rosa (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9), Dannie Richmond (tracks: 1-1 to 2-4)
- Liner Notes – Charles Mingus (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 2-5 to 2-9), George T. Simon (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9), Nat Hentoff (tracks: 1-8 to 2-4)
- Mastered By [Final] – Ted Kendall
- Piano – Charles Mingus (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9), Hampton Hawes (tracks: 1-7 to 1-13), Horace Parlan (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), Mal Waldron (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), Richard Wyands (tracks: 2-1 to 2-4)
- Tenor Saxophone – Booker Ervin (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 2-1 to 2-4), Teo Macero (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9)
- Transferred By [Initial], Compiled By – Dave Bennett
- Trombone – Jimmy Knepper (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6), Willie Dennis (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6)
- Trumpet – Thad Jones (tracks: 2-5 to 2-9)
- Written-By – Mingus* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8, 1-12, 2-1, 2-3, 2-4, 2-7, 2-9)
Notes℗ & © 2011 Avid Ltd.
Made in England.
2-CDs jewel case and 8-page booklet incl. extracts of original liner notes.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 5 022810 302629
- Barcode (Scanned): 5022810302629
- Matrix / Runout (CD 1): AMSC1026/1 V01 ZRR
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2): AMSC1026/2 V01 MTJ
- Mastering SID Code (CD 1 & 2): IFPI L017
- Mould SID Code (CD 1 & 2): IFPI 053Z
- Label Code: LC 12869
- Rights Society: mcps