Laurie Lewis - True Stories album FLAC
Laurie Lewis (born September 28, 1950 in Long Beach, California), is an American singer and bluegrass musician. Lewis fell in love with American folk music as a teenager, at the sunset of the 1960s folk revival. She says of the Berkeley Folk Festivals where she first caught the folk bug: Oh, it was so exciting. Every night there were concerts, and during the day you'd be in a eucalyptus grove listening to someone making music with nothing between you and them
Format: Cassette, Album, CrO2. Country: USA & Canada. True Stories (CD, Album).
True Stories Tracklist. 2. Val's Cabin Lyrics. True Stories Q&A. More Laurie Lewis albums. Laurie Lewis & Her Bluegrass Pals.
Sand, Water Waves, 05:11. You'll Be Leaving Me, 03:12.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample).
Listen to Swept Away from Laurie Lewis's True Stories for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. You can't measure Laurie Lewis's 30-year career with the usual commercial yardsticks. She has won a Grammy ("True Life Blues: The Songs of Bill Monroe," 1997), and twice been named Female Vocalist of the Year by the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association). Legend is not always loud.
Grammy Award-winning album, produced by Todd Phillips Laurie Lewis, Sam Bush,Vassar Clements, David Grisman, John Hartford,Tim & Mollie O’Brien, Del & Ronnie McCoury, Jerry Douglas, Peter Rowan, David Grier, Alan O’Bryant, and more Molly and Tenbrooks True Life Blues I’m On My Way Back to the Old.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||Knocking On Your Door Again||4:03|
|5||Sand, Water, Waves||5:10|
|6||Who Will Watch The Home Place?
Written By – Kate Long
|7||You'll Be Leaving Me||3:13|
|8||Still A Fool||2:31|
|9||The Long Way 'Round||2:59|
|13||Here Comes The Rain||4:56|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Accordion, Guiro – Bradley Jaye Williams (tracks: 5)
- Accordion, Triangle – Bradley Jaye Williams (tracks: 8)
- Acoustic Bass – Cary Black (tracks: 3, 5-6, 10), Todd Phillips (tracks: 1-2, 4, 7-9, 12-13)
- Bajo Quinto – Ned Boynton (tracks: 5)
- Bass Vocals – Cary Black (tracks: 11)
- Co-producer – Mike Marshall
- Co-producer, Viola, Vocals, Fiddle, Songwriter – Laurie Lewis
- Congas – Michael Spiro (tracks: 4, 9, 13)
- Design – Scott Billington
- Dobro – Rob Ickes (tracks: 2, 7, 9, 12-13)
- Drums – Kevin Mummey (tracks: 5), Paul Van Wageningen (tracks: 2, 8, 12)
- Engineer [assistant] – Christian Jones, Dave Kaplan
- Fiddle – Suzy Thompson (tracks: 8)
- Guitar – Jim Nunally (tracks: 2, 4, 7, 12), Mike Marshall (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 13), Scott Nygaard (tracks: 10)
- Guitar, Vocals – Peter McLaughlin (tracks: 6)
- Harmonica – Norton Buffalo (tracks: 13)
- Harmony Vocals – Sylvia Herold (tracks: 2-5, 7), Tom Rozum (tracks: 1-6, 11-12)
- Lead Guitar – Peter McLaughlin (tracks: 4)
- Lead Vocals – Nina Gerber (tracks: 3)
- Mandolin – Mike Marshall (tracks: 4, 9), Tom Rozum (tracks: 1, 6)
- Mastered By – George Horn
- Mixed By – Bil Vorndick
- Percussion – Joe Craven (tracks: 13)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Tom Size
- Violin – David Balakrishnan (tracks: 10)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 11661-0300-2 2
|ROUNDER C 0300||Laurie Lewis||True Stories (Cass, Album, CrO)||Rounder Records||ROUNDER C 0300||USA & Canada||1993|