The Guess Who - The Way They Were album FLAC
Anthology is a 2003 compilation album by the Canadian rock band The Guess Who. Anthology is a career-spanning collection of songs recorded between 1964 and 1975. This compilation was re-released as The Essential Guess Who as a part of The Essential series in 2010.
The Guess Who (Rock Band). The Way They Were Tracklist. 4. Miss Frizzy Lyrics. Show all albums by The Guess Who (Rock Band).
American Woman is the sixth studio album by Canadian rock band The Guess Who, and the last to feature lead guitarist Randy Bachman until a reformation effort in 1983. The album peaked at on the Billboard Pop Albums chart. It stayed on the charts for over a year and was their most successful release with over 20 million copies sold.
Album Name The Way They Were. Data de aparición 1976. Miembros poseen este álbum0. 3. Runnin' Down the Street. 7. Take the Long Way Home. Saber más. Other productions from The Guess Who (CAN).
The Guess Who is a rock band from Winnipeg, Manitoba that was one of the first Canadian groups to establish a major successful following both in their own country as well as abroad. In their late 60s and early 70s heyday, the guys took influence from late period British invasion bands as well as stuck alongside them on the charts. They were notably the first Canadian rock n roll group to have a hit in the United States thanks to the success of 1970's "American Woman".
This song is by The Guess Who and appears on the album The Way They Were (1969). Rushing in, in the early morning and you're wondering. Got a minute for another cup of coffee before you ru. nd the silver bird is gone,And you wonder where you belong. Get a smile from the pretty waitress as she passes b. he's the kind of person that could make you forget to cr.
Before the Guess Who became one of the top album rock acts of the '70s, they were a darn good British Invasion-influenced garage band. This set features the three records they made in the mid-'60s: Shakin' All Over, Hey Ho (What You Do to Me), and It's Time for the small Canadian label Quality. Most of the songs on the set are Beatles-inspired but not derivative. Chad Allan and Randy Bachman wrote strong melodies, and the band usually sounds inspired and full of verve. The third album, It's Time, is the most successful as the band welcomed Burton Cummings into the band and toughened up their sound considerably, drawing more from garage rock than the British Invasion.
A new Guess Who studio album on Aquarius, Liberty (also issued as Lonely One on the US Intersound label), with Terry Hatty singing, was released in July 1995. In 1983, Bachman, Cummings, Kale, and Peterson (the "American Woman" line-up) reunited again as The Guess Who to play a series of Canadian gigs and record the Together Again live album (issued as The Best of The Guess Who - Live! in the United States) and video at the Canadian National Exhibition bandshell on June 29, 1983.
See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. Page created - April 7, 2010.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Runnin' Down The Street
Written-By – Garry Peterson, Jim Kale
|B3||Take The Long Way Home||5:45|
- Mastered At – J.A.M.F.
- Mastered At – Soundstage, Toronto
- Recorded At – RCA Studios, Chicago
- Produced For – Nimbus 9
- Copyright (c) – RCA Records
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Jim Kale
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Garry Peterson
- Engineer – Brian Christian
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Randy Bachman
- Keyboards, Lead Vocals – Burton Cummings
- Mastered By – Cub Richardson
- Producer, Liner Notes – Jack Richardson
- Written-By – Burton Cummings (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B2), Randy Bachman (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1-3)
NotesRecorded at RCA Studios, Chicago in March 1970
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - stamped - variant 1): A4H APL1 1778A 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - etched - variant 1): APL1 1778- A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - stamped - variant 1): WTC APL1 1778B
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - etched - variant 1): APL1 1778 B
- Matrix / Runout (Both sides - stamped - variant 1 & 2): JAMF 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - stamped - variant 2): A4A APL1 1778A 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - etched - variant 2): APL1-1778 A ①
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - stamped - variant 2): A4C APL1-1778B 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - etched - variant 2): APL1 1778 B ②
- Other (Back cover, bottom right corner): 2
|APL1-1778||The Guess Who||The Way They Were (LP)||RCA||APL1-1778||Australia||1976|
|APK1-1778||The Guess Who||The Way They Were (Cass)||RCA||APK1-1778||US||1976|
|APL1-1778||The Guess Who||The Way They Were (LP)||RCA||APL1-1778||South Africa||1976|
|3930047||The Guess Who||The Way They Were (CD, Comp, RM, Dig)||Magic Records||3930047||France||2001|
|APS1-1778||The Guess Who||The Way They Were (8-Trk, Album)||RCA||APS1-1778||Canada||1976|