The Afghan Whigs - Black Love album FLAC
Авторы текста и музыки. WMG (от лица компании "Mute"); BMI - Broadcast Music In. ARESA, Big Deal Music (Publishing), BMG Rights Management, CMRRA" и другие авторские общества (6). Композиция. Авторы текста и музыки. Rick McCollum, Greg Dulli. WMG (от лица компании "Mute"); CMRRA, Big Deal Music (Publishing), BMI - Broadcast Music In. UMPI, Rumblefish (Publishing)" и другие авторские общества (10). Blame Etc. Исполнитель.
Black Love (2016) - download mp3 or listen online. Black Love (2016) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Black Love (2016).
Black Love is the fifth album by the band The Afghan Whigs, released in March 1996. It was released by Elektra Records/Sub Pop in the US and by Mute in Europe, and was produced by Greg Dulli. Black Love was preceded by the single "Honky's Ladder" and followed by the single "Going to Town" (also released as the Bonnie & Clyde EP in the US). Prior to this album's release, lead singer Greg Dulli seriously explored producing a movie in the film noir genre, but despite his optioning at least one book, the movie was never made
Commercially, Black Love peaked at No. 79 on The Billboard Top 200 chart. The album also received critical praise for capturing the power of the Whigs' live show in a studio recording; its lush yet funky musicality garnered comparisons to the Rolling Stones in their 1970s-era prime and standing out once again from the day's more conventional alternative rock. in its distinctive embrace of black-music idioms. Legal dispute with Elektra and signing to Sony/Columbia for 1965 (1998). In the wake of Black Love's commercial disappointment, The Afghan Whigs said they suffered neglect and dishonest business dealings with their label, Elektra, and eventually the two parted ways, with the Whigs signing to Columbia Records for their next album, 1965.
By: The Afghan Whigs (1996, Rock). Do To The Beast by The Afghan Whigs. Gentlemen by The Afghan Whigs. Up In It by The Afghan Whigs. In Spades by The Afghan Whigs. 1965 by The Afghan Whigs. View all albums . Black Love. By: The Afghan Whigs (1996, Rock). 1. Crime Scene Part One.
It was the band's finest and most most ambitious work, and the band was faced with the challenge of trying to top it. The Afghan Whigs' follow-up, 1996's Black Love, ultimately missed the mark, though not for a lack of trying.
The Afghan Whigs almost got their breakthrough too. 1993's Gentlemen was a record tortured enough to get the demographic we'd now call 'emo kids', rocky enough to appeal to the grunge crowd, and sleazy and sexy enough to pique the interest of people who'd never even touched a guitar band before. They had the critics on their side, too - Gentlemen stood alongside Doggystyle, Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Suede, Siamese Dream, and In Utero on most end-of-year polls. Underterred, the Whigs returned a little under 3 years later, with Black Love. It was a statement of intent, even more so than Gentlemen. The title was a summary of everything the Afghan Whigs have always been about - not just the band's love of black music, and the way soul and R&B have informed their sound, but the tales Dulli has always told.
|A1||Crime Scene Part One|
|B2||Step Into The Light|
|B3||Going To Town|
|C2||Night By Candlelight|
|E1||Go To Town (Acoustic Version/Mix)|
|E2||Leaving Town Mix 1.0|
|E3||Faded – Demo|
|E5||Crime Scene Part II Mix 1.1 (With Scratch Vocals)|
|F1||Mick Taylor Jam|
|F2||Wynton Kelly Jam|
|F3||I Often Think Of You|
|F4||Staring Across The Water|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Elektra Entertainment
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Produced For – Sub Pop Records
- Manufactured By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Marketed By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Record Company – Warner Music Group
- Recorded At – Bear Creek Studios
- Recorded At – Robert Lang Studios
- Mixed At – Ardent Studios
- Mastered At – Gateway Mastering
- Pressed By – MPO
- Art Direction – Jeff Kleinsmith
- Design [Reissue] – Katherine Delaney
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer] – Aaron Warner, Don Farwell, Dubby , Erik Flettrich, Jeffrey Reed*, Joe Hadlock, John Curley, Ryan Hadlock
- Engineer [Engineered By] – Jeff Powell
- Legal [Representation] – Keith Hagan, SKH Music
- Liner Notes – David Katznelson
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Greg Dulli, Jeff Powell
- Photography By – Danny Clinch
- Product Manager [Project Assistance] – Garrett Graveline, Kate Dear, Shannon Ward, Susanne Savage
- Recorded By [Location Recording By] – John Curley
- Remastered By – Emily Lazar
- Supervised By [Product Supervision] – Brian Hay
- Technician [Sound] – Steve Girton
- Tour Manager [Tourbeglieders] – David Steed , Scotty Haulter
- Written-By – John Curley (tracks: F1 to F4), Rick McCollum (tracks: A3, E2, E5 to F4)
- Written-By, Composed By – Greg Dulli (tracks: A1 to E3, E5 to F4)
NotesRSD Black Friday 2016 US release.
Tracks E1 to F4 previously unreleased.
This Reissue ℗ & © 2016 Elektra Entertainment for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world excluding the U.K.
Produced by special arrangement with Sub Pop Records.
Shot on location in Woodinville, WA at Bear Creek and in Edmonds, WA at Robert Lang's Studio, August/September 1995
Mixed at Ardent Studios, Memphis TN, October 1995
Mastered at Gateway, Portland, ME
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 081227942892
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): R1-557171 SIDE A J POWELL MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): R1-557171 SIDE B J POWELL MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): R1-557171 SIDE C MPO J POWELL
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): R1-557171 SIDE D J POWELL MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Side E): R1-557171 SIDE E J POWELL MPO
- Matrix / Runout (Side F): R1-557171 SIDE F J POWELL MPO
- Label Code: LC02982
|61896-2||The Afghan Whigs||Black Love (CD, Album)||Elektra||61896-2||US||1996|
|61896-4||The Afghan Whigs||Black Love (Cass, Album)||Elektra||61896-4||US||1996|
|C 112240, 61896-4||The Afghan Whigs||Black Love (Cass, Album, Club, BMG)||Elektra||C 112240, 61896-4||US||1996|
|61896-2||The Afghan Whigs||Black Love (CD, Album, Club)||Elektra||61896-2||US||1996|
|7559-61896-2||The Afghan Whigs||Black Love (CD, Album)||Elektra||7559-61896-2||Australia||1996|